As the vibrant hues of summer gracefully fade into the warm and earthy tones of autumn, there's an undeniable shift in the air. Crisp mornings and cozy evenings beckon us to embrace the changing seasons with open arms. And what better way to celebrate the arrival of fall than with a comforting, soul-warming dish that's bound to be an instant hit? Ground Turkey Green Chile with Hatch green chiles.
Here in New Mexico, the autumn season boasts a rich tapestry of flavors. Hatch green chiles, with their smoky, slightly sweet notes and a hint of heat, take center stage, infusing this chili with a Southwestern charm that's hard to resist.
But it's not just the chiles that make this dish special; it's the sense of tradition and togetherness that it brings. As the days grow shorter and the evenings cooler, gathering around the table with loved ones becomes even more precious. This Ground Turkey Chile is the perfect excuse to invite friends and family over for a warm and comforting meal.
So, put on your coziest sweater, grab a ladle, and get ready to savor the flavors of autumn. Get ready to fall in love with fall all over again—autumn is here, and this comfort dish is about to steal the show.
A delicious Ground Turkey Chile recipe featuring Hatch green chiles. This recipe will serve 4 people. Here's what you'll need and how to make it:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - Canna Cafe Olive oil (dosed) - 12 g THC - 3 grams per serving
- 2 tables olive oil - any brand (undosed)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Hatch green chiles, roasted, peeled, and diced (you can use more for extra heat)
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for topping (optional)
- Sour cream, for topping (optional)
- fresh lime - to taste
1. Prepare the Hatch Green Chiles: Roast the Hatch green chiles over an open flame or under the broiler until the skin is charred. Place them in a plastic bag or covered bowl for about 10 minutes to steam. Then, peel, seed, and dice the chiles. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after handling them, and avoid touching your face or eyes. You can also purchase Hatch Chiles pre-roasted.
2. Sauté the Aromatics: Heat the undosed olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the diced onions and garlic, and sauté until they become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Brown the Ground Turkey: Add the ground turkey to the pot and cook, breaking it apart with a spoon, until it's no longer pink and has browned.
4. Spice it Up: Stir in the ground cumin, chili powder, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes to toast the spices and enhance their flavors.
5. Combine the Ingredients: Add the diced tomatoes (with their juice), diced Hatch green chiles,, pinto beans, and chicken broth to the pot. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
6. Simmer and Cook: Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld and the chili to thicken. Stir occasionally.
7. Taste and Adjust: Taste the chili and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
8. Add Dosed Oil: Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dosed Canna Cafe olive oil into the Hatch Turkey Chile and mix well.
9. Serve: Ladle the New Mexican Ground Turkey Chile into bowls. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side. You can also top it with shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Hatch green chile-infused Ground Turkey Chile with the wonderful flavors of New Mexico!