As we welcome the crisp breath of fall and prepare for the colder winter months, there's nothing quite like a steaming bowl of comforting pumpkin soup to warm both the body and soul. This pumpkin soup recipe is the epitome of autumnal and winter coziness, harnessing the earthy sweetness of pumpkins and a blend of spices that embody the spirit of the season. To add an extra layer of delight, we've infused this recipe with Canna Cafe's Infused Olive Oil, subtly incorporating the distinct flavors of cannabis to elevate the experience. Paired with a rustic, crusty bread or a fresh baguette spread generously with Canna Cafe's Canna Butter, it's an enticing harmony of flavors and aromas that makes every spoonful a delectable journey. Yum!
PUMPKIN DELIGHT SOUP
Pumpkin Soup Recipe for 4 People:
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin (about 4-5 pounds), peeled, seeded, and chopped into chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Canna Cafe Olive Oil (cannabis infused) (20 mg thc, 5 mg thc per person)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: roasted pumpkin seeds, a dollop of sour cream, or fresh parsley for garnish, Canna Cafe Butter for bread
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
2. Add the chopped pumpkin chunks, ground cumin, and ground ginger to the pot. Stir well to combine and cook for about 5 minutes to let the flavors meld.
3. Pour in the vegetable broth, making sure the pumpkin is mostly covered. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and let it cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender and easily mashed with a fork.
4. Add the Canna Cafe Olive Oil now, then using an immersion blender or regular blender, carefully puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
5. Return the pureed soup to the pot if using a regular blender. Stir in the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low for an additional 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve the pumpkin soup hot, garnished with roasted pumpkin seeds, a dollop of sour cream, or fresh parsley.
Crusty Bread: Serve slices of crusty bread or a warm baguette on the side for dipping into the soup, and spread some of Canna Cafe Butter (cannabis infused)
Mixed Green Salad: repare a simple mixed green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing or try our infused Honey Mustard Dressing for a acidic contrast to the warm and sweeter soup.