Introducing a culinary delight that's perfect for the cool and cozy months of fall and the upcoming winter season - our Indian Coconut Chicken Curry with buttered Basmati rice. This aromatic and comforting dish is a wonderful way to warm up during chilly evenings. But, here's the twist that takes it to the next level of coziness: by adding infused cannabis oil into the curry and the infused butter for the basmati rice, you can elevate this already delightful recipe into a soothing and indulgent treat that not only warms the body but also adds an extra layer of relaxation and enjoyment to your dining experience. So, gather your ingredients and prepare to embark on a culinary journey that combines the richness of Indian spices with the calming properties of cannabis.
FUN FACT (Source: Wikipedia) After the Cannabis species Sativa had already been identified, In 1785, Jean-Baptiste Lamarck published a description of a second species of Cannabis, which he named Cannabis indica. Lamarck based his description of the newly named species on plant specimens collected in India.
Indian Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk:
For the Chicken Marinade:
- 1.5 lbs (700g) boneless chicken thighs or breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Curry:
- 2 tablespoon regular coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, slit lengthwise (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4-5 green cardamom pods
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon Canna Cafe infused coconut oil (10 mg THC, 2.5 mg per serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to your spice preference)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the chicken marinade ingredients. Mix well, ensuring the chicken is coated evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or preferably a few hours.
2. In a large skillet or pan, heat the regular coconut oil over medium heat. Add the cinnamon stick, green cardamom pods, cloves, and bay leaf. Sauté for a minute until fragrant.
3. Add the chopped onion and green chilies. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and lightly browned.
4. Add the marinated chicken pieces and cook until they turn white and are partially cooked, stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce the heat and add ground cumin, ground coriander, red chili powder, and salt. Cook for a few more minutes, allowing the spices to toast and coat the chicken.
6. Pour in the coconut milk, and tomato puree. Stir well, bring to a simmer, and then reduce the heat to low. Add the one tablespoon of Canna Cafe Infused Coconut oil. Cover the pan and let it simmer for about 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and tender. Stir occasionally.
7. Taste and adjust salt and spice levels as needed.
8. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves before serving.
Buttered Basmati Rice:
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3.5 cups water
- 1 tablespoons Canna Cafe Infused Butter (10 mg THC, 2.5 mg per serving)
- Salt to taste
1. Rinse the basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Add the rinsed rice and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour in the water and add salt. Bring it to a boil and let the water cook down. Then, reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid, and simmer/steam for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.
5. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Serve the Chicken Curry alongside the buttered basmati rice. Enjoy your meal!